- This event has passed.
Beginner to Intermediate – Level 1 – White Belt – Thursdays 6:45am
June 22 @ 6:45 am - 8:00 am
An event every week that begins at 6:45am on Thursday, repeating until July 13, 2017
Meet on deck for 15 minute talk and warm up. Pool time is one hour. Lessons are once per week for 5 weeks.
June 15,22,29 July 6, 13
Entrance to the pool is included in your registration fee.
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU? During this course you will develop mindfulness and the principle skills of balance, streamline and propulsion. This style of swimming is ideal for triathletes who want to exit the swim refreshed and ready for the bike. This course is for:
- A beginner that has completed Level 1 – These lessons take your basic skills learned in the introductory classes and refines your technique in 3 main areas – breathing, 2-beat kick and perpetual motion You will understand the mechanics of your stroke better and learn to correct yourself based on your sensory awareness of your stroke.
- A swimmer and/or triathlete that feels they work too hard in the pool and would like to convert to Total Immersion swimming. You develop the Total Immersion freestyle drill series – a sequence of exercises that will help you not only swim faster and longer, but understand the mechanics of the stroke better. You will also learn to breathe easier, the 2-beat kick and the basics of perpetual motion.
This course is for you if any of the statements are true:
- Breathless after 50-100m
- Haven’t had lessons in a while
- Don’t know how to breathe to both sides.
- Getting ready for your first triathlon
- I have completed a few triathlons
- I use too much energy to swim
- I can swim but I am exhausted
- I kick hard to propel me forward